Knowledge Management is not about the tools you use, but the plan you implement.
There are two aspects of knowledge management:
- Internal – Storehouse of knowledge and organizational memory for internal research personnel.
- External – Knowledge customers can access for technical support.
What is knowledge? Let's define some terms.
- Data - Set of facts. Raw material.
- Information - Message. Data organized for some purpose.
- Knowledge - Mix of experience, values, information, and expert insight.